Friday 1 August 2008

Catalina Estrada meets My Little Pony

It is positively a dream pairing between the artist Catalina Estrada and the ever cute My Little Pony model. Hasbro commissioned 25 artists to each produce a creative look for the My Little Pony. The following pictures are a result of Catalina's gorgeous efforts. Girl, you totally rock!



I remember... For my seventh birthday (Wow! That was like 22 years ago!) I was presented with a My Little Pony named Sparkler. She was a year three model (1984-85); she was a blue unicorn with purple and pink hair, and had characteristic sapphires on her rump (as seen below).


I have had a soft spot for horses, even now after all these years. In fact more recently, while grocery shopping - I had no self control - I bought a My Little Pony named Toola Roola (as pictured below). 


I am so pleased that after all these years that some Hasbro toys are making a come back. Now we just need to see Jem & the Holograms back in production.