Wednesday 31 December 2008

Casey Hardman

Pictured Mark & Casey Hardman (father & daughter)

I was horrified this week when I read the news that a girl I knew from work had died in a speed boat crash - Casey Hardman. I almost didn't believe it. I had to keep reading the news report over and over again, until it sunk in.

Words cannot express how much my heart breaks for Casey and her family. Casey's adult life was only just beginning to take shape and for it to be cut short ultimately by a lack of sense and judgement is nothing short of a tragedy.

Casey was always such a pleasant colleague as is her Dad, Mark Hardman. And my memories include glimpsing lovely father-daughter catch up sessions in the office tea room, when they would talk about the weekend or something that happened that day. You could tell that Mark and Casey were good pals.

My heart and thoughts are with the Hardman family.