Saturday 12 April 2014

Tastes like Cherry Cola

    A couple of months ago I came up with a new doll body template. She got made but then just sat in a bag without hair, face or clothes to compliment her. The poor thing! All she had were a pair of mix match shoes on her feet.
    Then one incredibly boring day this week I decided it was time to do something about this unfinished doll. That's when I realised that I had a spare felt wig left over from my mermaid collection - solving the problem of the hair. Next came the face which all got sewn on while watching The Notebook [the first time I've been able to watch this film without blubbering].
    And now I am working on the doll's outfit. I found this hairy, swirly, rainbow,yarn, and I have been crocheting the skirt. And to top it all off, my eldest has christened the doll Lola. World meet soon-to-be-dressed-Lola.
Doll design by Melissa Gaggiano