Sunday 13 March 2016

Fab Finds 20

Here are some cool Fab Finds for the week… or month. There's a carry over of the craft theme from my previous Fab Finds. So let's take a look at the round up.

1. I am loving these hand knitted scarfs by Californian textile artist, Twinkie Chan. She designs and handcrafts these tasty treaty scarfs that will not only keep you warm, but will also give you an appetite for the real thing. 
© Twinkie Chan

2. I am fascinated by ball jointed dolls and how they are made. There is a lot of fine detail sculpting that go into the making of these dolls. And the mind boggles at the anatomy. I came across this 20 minute Youtube video, by doll sculptor Apryl Jensen, detailing how to sculpt the torso of a BJD.


3. I found this sweet video for making an ombre hair effect. Seriously it is one of the sweetest video, as the narrator has a gentle and kind voice, as she explains her hair dye process on doll wig hair. Check out more videos like this one at Nicolle's Dreams.




4. And because not everything is about crafting and I'm up for a laugh, I decided to share this video by… I don't know her name, but she sure was funny, and I enjoyed the direction. Sooooo… check it out - Community Channel. Postscript: This wonderful host is Natalie Tran.