Saturday 22 October 2016

Journey's End

Journey inspired game art doll.
Based on Journey by That Game Company.
    It took me a while, but look I got there. I just finished construction of my Journey doll. For those not in the know Journey is a soul moving game by That Game Company. After playing the game only twice I was inspired to make an art doll, which is what you now see.

    The doll is made from felt, thread, stuffing and armature. A variety of sewing stitches were used to pull the doll together. There was much trial and error in getting the pear body shape just right. Along the way I realised that the wire I was using for the doll's skeleton could be used in the ribbon that trails from the body, to make it look like it was floating behind.

    It was an exciting experience bringing this doll together. It was like putting together a three dimensional jigsaw puzzle, but one that not yet been created. Get  your mind around that.


Journey inspired game art doll.
Based on Journey by That Game Company.