Sunday 16 October 2016

Week of the Dolls

My youngest daughter with her Journey inspired doll.
    Over the past week there has been a fair share of doll making in this creative environment. I continue to work on a Journey [That Game Company] inspired art doll. It has been a matter of sculpting the pattern pieces bit by bit. Building up the doll a little at a time. The process for making this doll really has been so very different to my other designs. It is an experience I am learning and growing from.

    My youngest has watched me make the Journey doll and naturally she wanted to make one herself. I took a break from my doll making as I encouraged and guided my daughter in designing and sewing her own Journey inspired doll.

My Journey doll: A work in progress.

My Journey doll: A work in progress.
    I pulled out one of my older doll designs, made her a bag and off she went on her merry way as birthday gift for a lil' girl turning five. I love this doll design. I remember making it while watching the Elvis Presley film Roustabout. Ah, happy memories!

© Melissa Gaggiano

© Melissa Gaggiano