Tuesday 9 May 2017

The Sun in Autumn

© Melissa Gaggiano
    The cold season is always a welcome distraction in this house, particularly when we've been watching the weather bureau for blessed signs that the temperature is actually going to turn and drop below 25ºC.

    Now that Autumn actually feels like a real Autumn my family relishes in eating hot homemade pies and drinking hot chocolate. During the cold seasons I also have the urge to knit scarves. This is funny because it would make more sense to knit the scarf when it is still warm. Then the scarf can be ready to be worn at the first sign of frosty Melbourne winds.

    Right now I am knitting a sunny, yellow scarf from yarn left over from another craft project. I want this scarf to be super long, so in all likelihood I will be revisiting the craft store to buy a second skein.

    What do you look forward to doing during the cold seasons?

© Melissa Gaggiano