Monday 20 April 2009

I've Still Got Punky Power

Punky Brewster

When I was a child I simply loved, loved, loved the Punky Brewster telly series.

In point of fact I wanted to be Punky. Once when I got a Punky Brewster show bag from the Ekka I wore the accessories that came in the bag in the hopes of looking like her. The accessories included multi-coloured shoelaces, and sun bobbles for the hair. I also owned a singlet with words on the front declaring "I've got punky power!"

My adoration of Punky also extended to dreaming of having a bedroom painted like hers and having my own tree house. Alas none of these interior decorating and architectural projects ever took place. However I do wish to see the fantasy lived out through DIY projects for my daughter's bedroom. Over the years I would like to see her room develop into a wonderfully colourful environment that is out of this world.

Sometimes I consider buying online a retro Punky Brewster doll which was produced in the mid eighties. Though it is one of those things that I keep putting off and just thinking about.