Monday 11 April 2011

Monday Musings and Books



Yeee-esss! Many dried cuticles and one callus later I finished knitting my red beanie. Thank goodness for that. The temperature this weekend was finally turning toward a colder climate. This, after weeks of the Autumn season having an identity crisis — still believing itself to be Summer.
So, where am I at this week? I’ll give my hands a break from my knitting, giving them a chance to recoup natural oils. Although after last night, I am quite tempted to knit myself a Gryffindor inspired scarf, after having watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
I think knitting is becoming an addiction for me. I am rather relieved when I finish a knitting project and look forward to taking a break from it. But then 24 hours later I am inspired by something else and my fingers are itching to begin knitting something new. Does this happen to you? I wonder what the odds are of me starting a new knitting project before the week is out.
What books have I been reading lately? Let’s see…
Last week a friend loaned me Sex in the City by Candace Bushnell. I read it in about two days. It was a funny and light read. I was warned that it would be a bit racy. But honestly after reading a pile of Sookie Stackhouse stories there wasn’t anything in Sex in the City that could shock me.
I had also borrowed from the library Miss Masala by Mallika Basu, a practically edible book on Indian cuisine for people just a tad short on time. I’ll have to borrow this one again sometime.

Another library book was Like I Give a Frock by Michi Girl. This was a delicious read and is such a cute coffee table/hand bag book. Hmmm, ‘edible’ and ‘delicious’ — with words like that I must be hungry.

Now I am rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Going back through the Harry Potter stories has me having quite a few ah-hah moments. All the mysterious parts of the story that came together at the end, JK Rowling was already hinting to in the earlier books. So there you go, the woman really did have the whole saga properly planned from the beginning. Considering how complex the story is that must have taken a lot of effort.
Plus, I still have a pile of ‘classic’ books in my Nintendo DS that I have yet to get through, so I’ll no doubt get to that next.