Thursday 14 January 2016

DIY Doll house Bunk Bed


© Melissa Gaggiano

    There are many wonderful free DIY doll house furniture instructions available out there. Of course when I decided to built a cardboard bunk bed for my kids' doll house I wanted to construct it within one day. So rather than following one of the many gloriously detailed, fancy bunk beds, I came up with my own simple design, which I now offer to you.

What will you need?
  • boxing cardboard [preferably 4mm thick]
  • art knife
  • metal ruler
  • craft glue
  • paint


1. Cut out these pattern pieces on the cardboard.

2. Begin gluing the two ground supports to a mattress bottom piece. Allow to dry.

3. Turn mattress bottom piece sideways and glue to one side wall
[bottom supports to line up with side walls].
4. Glue second bottom mattress piece to side wall [closer to the top]. Allow to dry.

5. Glue second side wall to both bottom mattress pieces.
Ensure all pieces are pressed firmly together and allow to dry.

6. Glue the ladder to one side of the bed. Allow to dry.

7. Now you may choose to paint or draw on the bunk bed to decorate.