Tuesday 28 September 2010

Antonio Lopez



It is something of a surprise that I am now writing about an artist known as Antonio Lopez.
I borrowed from the library, a book called The Beautiful Fall, which follows the career paths of Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld. I was both fascinated and appalled at the lifestyles of these designers, but as I continued reading I was more drawn to the people who surrounded them. More particularly fashion illustrator, Antonio Lopez.
Antonio was for a few years a part of Lagerfeld's entourage, if memory serves correct this was roughly the early 70s. Wanting to catch a glimpse of this man's work which happened to grace the pages of many major fashion magazines, I jumped on the computer and googled away.
I have found a new source of inspiration. My goodness, I want to be able to illustrate the way Antonio could. Of course, it helped Antonio a great deal by having models pose for him while he did his work.
Following are some lovely examples of his art.