Tuesday 26 October 2010

Rewind



I have been a bit buggered lately, so I haven't had a lot to say or do here.
I am still quite a bit tired, so I'll just share something old with you.


The above photo was taken at school by one of the teachers. Each student had to write a little something about themselves, and include an illustration to go with the summary. These little pieces were the result.
I am fairly close to certain that this is from Grade 2, which makes it 1986.


What were some of the hits of ‘86?

  • Broken Wings (Mr Mister)
  • How Will I Know (Whitney Houston)
  • Addicted to Love (Robert Palmer)
  • Papa Don't Preach (Madonna)
  • Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel)
  • Small Town (John Cougar Mellencamp)
  • Walk This Way (Run DMC)
  • Invisible Touch (Genesis)
Oh and the list could go one forever.


Sometimes I miss the 80s. It was an idyllic time for me and when it became ‘89, I felt a sadness that it was an end of an era.


Following is a clip from a loved 80s film — Electric Dreams.