Tuesday 10 April 2012

DIY Cardboard Car


Photography by Melissa Gaggiano
    Today my eldest quite literally presented me with a challenge. She handed to me two empty toilet rolls and asked me to turn it into a car. So I say 'leave it to me and I'll think of something'.
    So as you can imagine, today's tutorial is all about making a cardboard car.

What materials do you need?
  • 2 empty toilet rolls
  • cardboard [it can come off a box, even a cereal box]
  • art knive
  • acrylic paint and paint brush
  • texta
Instructions:

1. Draw an outline of a car on to two pieces of cardboard.

2. Cut out both car outlines.

3. Thinly paint the two car outlines with acrylic paint.


4. Allow the car outlines to dry.


5. Cut into each toilet roll 2.5 cm from each end.
Ensure the cuts only go halfway the rolls.

6. Slide the car outlines into the rolls.
The rolls will now become the wheels of the car.

7. The car is now ready to be raced.