Tuesday 23 October 2012

Feelin' Crafty

    Feelin' crafty the past few days. I have actually been on something of a roll and have done some craft sewing, as can be seen...
    I made a felty sandwich as a present for an upcoming birthday. This pattern came from Myrtle and Eunice and if you visit their blog you will find a link to this sandwich tutorial.
Photography by Melissa Gaggiano.

    And after that I made a spoon doll for my eldest. This project came out of a Wee Wonderfuls book which I borrowed from a library [I will have to buy this book, because I borrow this all the time]. I didn't follow the pattern exactly. A few modifications were required. I had a different sized spoon and my eldest wanted the doll to look more like Alice [in Wonderland] so I altered the hair. Anyway the doll was finished in just under two days, between other things and she was christened Meike Alice.
Photography by Melissa Gaggiano.

    Now, what will I do next?.. I am wanting to try something on my sewing machine - free motion sewing. So I'll do that next.