Monday 31 March 2014

Fab Finds 5

And now for my fab finds. Take it away... Fab Finds.


    Cat Rabbit, one of my favourite Australian artisans, last year collaborated with Isobel Knowles to create a sausage dog installation. It is a gorgeous design which will immediately make you go 'Awwwww! Cute' and 'Oh my god! I'm never eating a sausage for the rest of existence'. For those of us who missed the original installation we have this sweet video to enjoy...


    This is something of an oldie. It is such a brilliantly useful share, so that is exactly what I am going to do. Share. Another one of my favourite crafty bloggers, Jennie [A Little Vintage Doll, makes unique dolls via a combination of paint, hand and machine sewing. What makes her machine sewing so unique is her drawing style. You see Jennie is able to make her sewing machine stitch in an organic, doodly hand drawn way. A while back Jennie provided an instruction guide on her blog on just how to do this. Click here to find out more on this one. Drawing with a sewing machine! I'm telling you, it is up there with unicorns and rainbow lamas.
© Jennie - A Little Vintage Doll

    I don't own a smartphone or a pad so was a little disappointed [Please! No tears. Really, I'll survive] in not being able to get in on the instagram trend. Coz wow! Instagramers get to have fun with their quick snaps by adding creative filters. Wanting to have a little fun of my own without buying a mobile phone I went searching for a program that would allow me to use these fun filters from the comfort of my computer. I didn't have far to look because the first product in my search that came up was Pixlr-o-matic. This is a visually fun package, easy to use and gives you the choice to use online or even download [for free]. I am going to make good use of Pixlr-o-matic during those blah moments.
Melissa Gaggiano Photography + Pixlr-o-matic = fun fun fun