Friday 27 November 2015

Fab Finds 17

    I have reasons to be excited. The year winding up. Christmas around the corner. Thinking about next year. Reading books that make me feel better. Movies coming out at the cinema such as Star Wars and

1. Jem and the Holograms: I grew up idolising the cartoon show JatH, and in recent years I've had the pleasure introducing it to my entranced kids. Now the moment is almost upon us, it is a feature film, soon to be playing at Australian cinemas. I am so looking forward to this. I just may dye my hair for this.



2. My Poppet is a blog I have been following for quite a while. There are a variety of cute, homemade projects that make you feel like every day in the My Poppet household is a lovely spring day. A project that caught my eye is a DIY tee pee. It comes in two parts, so check them out - Part 1 + Part 2.
© My Poppet

3. Via the sharing power of Pinterest I became an instant fan of illustrator - Margaux Motin. Her work has a quirky sense of humour and her characters are very cute. But you don't need me to tell you, when you can see it for yourself, at Margaux's blog.
© Margaux Motin

4. I am halfway through reading Amy Poehler's Yes Please. It is an excellent read, for many reasons. I couldn't possibly put my finger on just one, but I will say it is written in an open and honest way. You can tell a self aware person, and Amy is one of those. Oh, and it really funny. So read this book, damn it! 
P.S. I got a kick out of pointing to the book cover and telling my daughters 'look, it's Joy from Inside Out'.
Yes Please