Saturday 22 April 2017

Excellent Things

    It has been a full, and very long week. I have been awaiting the arrival of 'things' in the mail. A lot of thinking 'will it be here today'. It has been a week of projects completed. Yes! It is also a week in which the wind in my sails direct me to an island I had once given up on finding. In point it is wise to never give up on the things we desire, even if the path doesn't seem obvious or likely.


© Melissa Gaggiano
    A new tutorial from moi has gone live at My Poppet. If you're into cameos and felt craft this be the thing for you.



Instagram
    This week I finished making Majora's Mask accessory for a felt crafted Legend of Zelda: Link doll. A couple of years ago I made the doll for my husband's birthday. It was quite the epic event – took several weeks to design and make. The next year I made a Deku mask to compliment the doll. This year, at my husband's request, I made Majora's mask. The mask is needle felted and hand sewn in parts. I wonder what I will make next year to compliment Link. Perhaps Epona [now that would be a massive thing] or Zelda herself.

    I sourced one of the mask materials from Etsy shop Yummy Yarns & Fiber. I was struggling to find green felt to finish the mask. But I found what I needed in this shop. I bought a perfect little 1M pack of green dyed Alpaca felting fibre.


© Melissa Gaggiano
    In other news I am returning to my illustration work in a big way. You can find new prints in my Red Bubble store. Check it out!