Saturday 13 April 2019

Cardcaptor Sakura Bunny Slippers + Other Wee Wonders


Yesterday afternoon the Autumn sun shone through the canopy with her golden highlights. This time of year it feels like golden hour all day.

Taking advantage of the sunshine window, the little one and I set up our craft gear outside. And we had a... crafternoon!

The little one made bunny faces, a fish, and a flower.

While I made a miniature bear slipper. I was inspired by Sakura's bedroom slippers, from Cardcaptor Sakura.
Cardcaptor Sakura

I had recently had an extended break from 'making' as my back muscles were not coping. I was experiencing chronic shoulder and neck issues. I'm recovering, and doing exercises to develop the back muscles. And yesterday marked the first time I had sewn something since my issues became chronic. It was physically difficult, but good for the soul.

This morning I made a second slipper so the Sakura bear slippers are now a pair. I also made a pattern, so that I can make more of these in future. The slippers would make cute charms, and they'd be perfect for dolls feet.