Friday 30 October 2020

Secret Messages, Illusions + the Buffy Dilemma

The word is: Go! Go! Go! Kids are back in school. People are back on the streets. I've got projects galore. Let's check out my latest spate of projects that are all crafty and some that are science based.

Kidspot: Water Illusion

Kidspot: Lemon Juice Secret Messages

As for the something more crafty but no less magical you can try making your own kaleidoscope.

Kidspot: DIY Kaleidoscope

I continue to document my journey as I teach myself how to use the Cricut Joy. My latest addition to the Cricut Joy library is now available to watch on YouTube.

For a bit of context, I am letting the kids watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the spin-off series Angel. We watch the shows sporadically and are prone to lose track of which show we are up to. When this happens there's a lot of backtracking with the DVDs. It's a dull mess really. I resolved the situation by creating a Buffy/Angel fridge magnet that can be flipped after we finish watching an episode. For this project I up-cycled an old fridge magnet. I scraped off the original advertising sticker from the magnet before applying the new Cricut Joy stickers.

Cricut Joy: The Buffy/Angel Fridge Magnet