Friday 26 July 2019

Book Week Prep + Fluff 'n' Stuff

{Kidspot: Book Week}
Book Week is cometh. Oh come on! No moaning, people! This is a walk in the park for cosplayers, and think of this as a warm up for Halloween. But don't you worry, because I've put together a craft video for making an easy as pie (Cherry? Apple? Chocolate?)super hero costume. Head over to Kidspot for the details.

Last weekend my family hosted a craft party, as part of Sew a Softie in July. The kids sat on the floor with baby blankets under them. My eldest supervised making Pusheen Mermaid softies. My youngest supervised making Kero (Cardcaptor Sakura character) softies. Home baked cherry-raspberry slice was served. And it was the easiest event I've helped the kids organise. In other words I let the kids handle the hosting responsibilities, while I rested and had a coffee in the backyard. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience for all. One which the kids hope to repeat.


Sew a Softie