Thursday 22 October 2009

Road Trip


This afternoon Gwen and I decided to get out of the house and the general neighborhood. We drove through the Bayside, sticking to the scenic coastal drive and made a beeline to St Kilda.

We had a lovely walk by the beach and visited a rebuilt kiosk landmark at the end of St Kilda pier. The original kiosk was destroyed in a 2003 fire.

We then headed off again, toward the city and out the other side, making a lovely pit stop at Meet Me At Mike's in Fitzroy. It was Gwen's first time in the shop and she just loved looking at everything and blowing raspberries to Pip and Cam.

I picked up two pieces of lovely at Meet Me At Mike's 
Firstly I chose a crochet Japanese mushroom for Gwen's bedroom. Secondly, I fell for a pink/brown fabric square. I don't know what I'll do with this fabric. I'll think of something special.