Monday 13 July 2009

The Top Ten Toys

When I was a little girl (in the eighties!) I loved, loved, loved my toys and tried very hard to take good care of them. I would go through phases of which toy was my favorite, but at the end of the day I think they all got equal time.

I even have memories of taking new toys to bed with me. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I would just start playing with my toy. I never was one for shutting down at night. No! No! Bedtime for me equalled thinking time.

So here is a list of the top ten toys from my childhood:

1. Jem paperdoll book (From Jem & the Holograms - this kept be amused until I was able to have a three dimensional version)

2. Chuckles (GI Joe - embracing my inner tomboy)

3. Strawberry Shortcake

4. Rocker Barbie (Of Barbie & the Rockers)

5. Elkie (Hot Looks doll)

6. Sparkler (My Little Pony)

7. Grasshopper (RC car - again embracing my inner tomboy)

8. Charlotte Garry (Cabbage Patch Kids doll - my adopted daughter)

9. Glow in the Dark Barbie (She glowed! Well actually it was her clothes, but still, very cool.)

10. Crystal Barbie (My first ever Barbie!)