Thursday 30 July 2009

My Creative Space...

Here we are again.

This week I finished my cat alphabet, which I titled Pypography (Piper the cat + typography). You can have a look at it here.

I have also been teaching myself how to knit. I have mastered the stocking stitch, single rib, double rib, moss stitch and the basket stitch. Though now I am trying to work out increasing and decreasing the stitches on a row.


I have been following the steps in this knitting and crochet book. I almost cannot wait until I can start my own project. I really would like to knit myself a small cardie. I will let you know how I go.


I am also spending some time on two children's stories which I am writing. I find that writing stories is a very different process for me to what I am used to when drawing. I think I am using different sections of the brain. So my approach to getting into the writing zone needs to be a lot more meditative than my usual mental creative space.