Wednesday 8 July 2009

My Creative Space...

Life inside a kaleidoscope

Okay! So here's the thing... I haven't been blogging a whole lot lately. I have been in that vague space between projects. Also lately I had been spending way too much time following blogs... like as in... all day. So I really needed a timeout. Also I didn't really feel that I had anything of interest to contribute, hence the radio silence.

Now that I am back on the train let me tell you/show you what I have been up and what I would really love to do in the future.

Since May this year I have been fixing up two old photographs which had been taken over fifty years ago. The photos are of my mother in law and her folks. I am now at the stage of almost feeling that I can stop doctoring the photo in Photoshop. When I am satisfied with the result I'll show a before and after. So stay tuned for this one.

  • This past week I have been doing a makeover of myself, taking inspiration from Alice Cullen of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. I started with a haircut.
  • I then found some items that could easily belong in Alice Cullen's wardrobe.
  • I tried to find a similar dress that Alice wears in the promotional photos from the first film, of course to no avail. So I decided that I would try to make the dress myself. I bought some grey/silver fabric which I will have a go at.
  • I also would like to knit/crochet my own version of the white jacket that Alice wears in the cafeteria scene in Twilight, which is simply a delight.

I am also making production notes and preparing to make an animation short in Flash. This will be my first real attempt at a proper little animation, so I cannot say if this project will even get off the ground. Here's hoping though.